Interesting facts about Paris
1. Did you know the following interesting fact about Paris? Paris was previously named Lutetia Parisiorum
2. In France, the Eiffel Tower is painted every seven years by hand. For more info about Paris, check out our Ultimate Paris guide
Intersting facts about french food
3. Every French consumes up to 500 snails per year, on average. Except snails can be found on French plates also “delicacies” such as frog’s legs or horse meat.
4. French people love cheese. In the French shops, you can find more than 1,000 kinds of different cheeses. France is one of the largest wine producers in the world. The country is proud of its 17 wine regions. The best known are Bordeaux, Burgundy, Champagne, the Loire and Provence. In fact, the most expensive wine that was ever sold for more than €85,000 was a French wine.
France Facts- famous French People
5. The real name of famous French fashion founder and creator of brand Coco Chanel was actually Gabrielle Bonheur.
6. Ludovit XIX ruled only 20 minutes in French throne.
7. Nicotine is named after the French diplomat, Jean Nicot since in 1559 who introduced tobacco in France.
Intersting facts about France
8. In France, there are more than 4,800 miles of beaches. The most beautiful are in the south part of France. The landscape is washed with three large water units: the Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea, and the English Channel.
9. In fact, the typical kilt was not invented by Scots. This type of clothing first appeared in France. The kilt was invented by French pastors – this piece of clothing made their movements easier in the swamps.
10. In every French city you can walk through the street, Victor Hugo. An Interesting fact isn’t it?
11. France is the most visited country in the world. Every year go there nearly 90 million tourists from around the world. This is significantly more than the population of the country.
12. Nowadays only 34 percent of French speaks English.
13. France has the largest number of ski resorts in the world. The most famouse ist Mont Blanc.
14. In France, you can find a village called Pussy and Condom as well.
15. The oldest bridge in Paris called Pont Neuf (New bridge)
16. Another very interesting fact about France is the following: The court in France ruled that the newborn girls no longer can get Name Nutella. Parents under this court decision shall not give their daughter the name Nutella anymore.
17. The worldwide famous white wedding dress originally cames from France.
18. In France, – employers pay their employees if they come to work by bike. Yes, they do. For every kilometre travelled by bike , employees receive 25 cents.
19. In fact, France was the first modern country which legalized sexual activity between persons of the same sex – as early as 1791.
20. French men are the slimmest in Europe.
21. Every fifth French suffer from depression.
22. The country has the most Nobel prizes for literature ever in history.
23. In France are every day at least 2 cookbook published. Interesting 🙂
24. The famous Statue of Liberty, the landmark of New York was made in France and donated the Americans in 1886.